An employer in Henderson seeks expressions of interest from enthusiastic and committed students who genuinely desire a long career within the engineering sector – and want to start by undertaking a School Based Traineeship in Certificate II in Engineering MEM20105.
Duration: 18 months.
• Year 10 & 11 applicants: two days a week: One day on the job training (Henderson), 1 day off the job training (SM TAFE).
• Year 12 applicants (in 2020) – two days off the job training (SM TAFE), school holidays on the job training (Henderson). Applicants must be willing to start both training aspects in Qtr 3 2019 and must complete their qualification by Oct 2020.
• A Year 10, 11 or Year 12 male or female student with a keen interest in an element of engineering (Fabrication, Mechanical or Technical)
• A team player, who is confident in speaking with adults with a keen and positive attitude
• Reliable and Flexible
• Available for an 8-9 hour day (and be paid for it!)
• Someone with reliable transport who can get to Henderson (public transport to Henderson is tricky – but not impossible)
• Keen to learn and not afraid to ask questions
• Have a good family and school support structure
HOW YOU APPLY:
• Complete an ‘Expressions of Interest’ (available from your VET Coordinator Sarah)
• Pass a Drugs & Alcohol test
• Provide a resume – accompanied by any work or character references you may have
• Provide your latest school report
• All applications must be sent to Annabelle Lewis (Annabelle.firstname.lastname@example.org) AFTER a successful D&A test result (see EOI form for more information)
• For any queries, please contact Annabelle Lewis on 0434 360 154 or see Sarah in the library.