From North Metropolitan TAFE
Schools are regularly hiring people for the following roles:
• Gardener, cleaner, administration, management, canteen or as education assistants.
Starting in February 2020, North Metropolitan TAFE is running a one semester course on the skills required to be a successful candidate for employment in a school. The course aids in preparation for entry into gardening, cleaning, administration, management, canteen and education assistant work.
We have had huge success supporting people to find work and the chances of gaining employment are strong. This course is suitable for existing gardeners, cleaners, administrators etc and people looking to change career or people looking for a return to work.
The course includes
• Training in skills specific to the role you are interested in eg IT skills
• Work experience in a school or other organisation
• Help and support to find work
• Help accessing further training as required eg Certificate III in Education Support
• Development of your job application cover letter, resume and help with selection criteria
• Aged 18+
• Strong work ethic
• Good oral and written communication
• Must be able to read procedures, safety sheets and chemical bottles
• Must be able to send and receive emails
• Successful completion of an entry interview
• Working With Children Check and a Police Clearance
• Three days per week – Starts Tuesday 4 February and finishes Friday 26 June (20 weeks)
• Days – Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9.15am until 2.45pm.
• Cost – Approximately $180 (total course fee for full 20 weeks)
• Location – based in Leederville and on site
If you are be interested in this course then please email…