The Certificate II in Community Pharmacy (SIR20116) provides the skills and knowledge for students to work at entry level in a community pharmacy.
Typical functions within the community pharmacy include:
· Responding to and advising customers on general retail products
· Accepting prescriptions
· Applying product knowledge to recommend and supply a defined range of pharmacy products and services to customers
· Referring customers to more senior pharmacy assistants or a pharmacist
· Operating within the legislative framework, regulation and protocols that apply to community pharmacy
· Operating a point of sale area and maintaining stock levels and displays.
How will it work?
· Open to Year 11-12 students
· Completed in 12-18 months
· Students will be employed by the pharmacy for 1 day per week (minimum 7.5 hours) that is negotiated with the workplace and school (needs to fit both school and workplace requirements but some flexibility) and study time during school timetable for theory work.
The pharmacy is located in Hilton and is on public transport routes from Fremantle and Murdoch.
The pharmacy will appoint an experienced staff member as a workplace supervisor who will train the student on the job. The qualification will be delivered through distance learning and is electronic based. Each SBT is assigned a Guild Pharmacy Assistant Training Officer to assist with the training as well as liaison with the school and the employer. Students will be assessed through written and practical activities, as well as workplace assessments.
If you are interested please get in touch with Sarah.