SEEKING SEVEN STUDENTS
This STEM pathway can open the doors to technical positions and leadership roles and provide opportunity to further study at TAFE and Universities alike.
Get on board with a School Based Traineeship and open the doors to the mechanical/civil engineering sector, the mining industry and the Defence sector to name a few.
Local Henderson employer seeks expressions of interest for enthusiastic and committed students who genuinely desire a long career within the Engineering sector – and want to start by undertaking a School Based Traineeship in Engineering.
Full time apprenticeships opportunities will be available for the right trainees following successful completion of a Certificate II in Engineering MEM20105 School Based Traineeship.
Duration: 18 months. Two days a week: One day on the job training (Henderson), one day off the job training with registered training organisation. Year 12 students will undertake two days off the job training and will work for the employer throughout the school holidays for the duration of the traineeship. IMMEDIATE START
Employer days available: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
• A Year 10, 11 students with a keen interest in an element of engineering (Fabrication, Mechanical or Technical)
• A team player, who is confident in speaking with adults with a keen and positive attitude
• Reliable and Flexible
• Available for an 8-9 hour day (and be paid for it!)
• Some with reliable transport who can get to Henderson (public transport to Henderson is tricky – but not impossible)
• Keen to learn and not afraid to ask questions
• Have a good family and school support structure
HOW YOU APPLY
• SEE SARAH IN THE LIBRARY
• Complete an ‘Expressions of Interest’ (available from your VET Coordinator)
• Pass a Drugs & Alcohol test
• Provide a resume – accompanied by any work or character references you may have
• Provide your latest school report
• All applications must be sent to Annabelle Lewis (Annabelle.email@example.com) AFTER a successful D&A test result (see EOI form for more information)
CLOSING DATE TUESDAY 3 MARCH 2020