COURSES OFFERED IN 2017
Industrial Studies is a one or two year VET course that allows students to have the opportunity to gain valuable and relevant industry skills and experience in traditional trades while completing the requirements of the Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE).
- Suitable for males and females.
- One or two year program.
- On the job training one day per week
- Students are still able to achieve Secondary Graduation (WACE)
- Incorporates National Training Competencies delivered under aupicing arrangements.
- Students can obtain national training qualifications in Automotive, Engineering and Wood Products.
The prerequisites are: –
- A strong commitment to Workplace Learning.
- For Year 11 – successful completion of year 10 (a grade of C or better in both English and Mathematics) or level 3 ESL.
- For Year 12 – A pass in year 11 English or level 4 ESL.
- A successful enrolment interview with the course co-ordinator.
Course studies and skills are:-
- General English
- Automotive Vocational Preparation
- Materials, Design & Technology
- Certificate II in Practical and Creative Arts – Wood Objects
- Workplace Learning Endorsed Course
- Career and Enterprise
- Apprenticeships across a range of different industry areas.
- Pre-apprenticeships or
- Direct employment.