WAREHOUSING – SCHOOL BASED TRAINEESHIP (x2)
AUSTAL SHIP BUILDERS
Through the Jobs and Skills Centre, Austal are seeking two quality students who would like a School Based Traineeship – Certificate II Warehousing.
This is the first time Austal has participated in the School Based Traineeship Scheme and if all goes well they may look at extending this pathway to other areas of the business, so we are really looking for students who:
• can show that they are genuinely interested in a career in warehousing industry
• have good transport arrangements to get to Henderson (Australian Marine Complex) or Hope Valley Rd Naval Base (VERY IMPORTANT)
• enjoy team work and are confident in speaking to people with a positive keen attitude
• are reliable and flexible
• are not afraid to ask questions and can use own initiative
• are happy to do extra shifts if necessary (eg school holidays)
• are around late Year 10 – late Year 11 (no late year 12s please)
All candidates will need to send the following documents as part of their application:
• Expressions of Interest (Jobs and Skills Centre template) – ensuring they cover our criteria above
• School report showing current results
- Any references from employers relating to work experience (even if it’s not the same industry) and/or character reference from school.
North Lake students, if you are interested please see Sarah ASAP.