During our Sustainability Week activities last year we planted 73 plants – this year we are going to plant 1233.
The whole school revegetation day will be on Wednesday 4 August.
The aim is to increase biodiversity in the campus attracting birds, reptiles and insects and, in time, reducing the amount of water required to sustain our beautiful grounds.
Apart from all the planting there will be lots to do.
• View and learn from the poster displays – raising awareness of the importance of biodiversity of plants and animals and the types of animals, birds insects we hope to attract.
• Gain general plant information.
• Learn about opportunities to volunteer/study.
• There will be a quiz with a prize (make sure you look at the displays).
• Fund-raising for Cockburn Wetland Centre and WA Wildlife (formerly Native Arc).
• Student councillors will be organising and cooking lunch, conducting a fund raiser and carrying out other duties.
• And there will be plenty of music.
Special thanks to Louisa Barnacle (School Council member) and Peter and his gardening team.
We are looking for more volunteers, if you want to help prepare for the day see Tracey in Science 1.