Schools and other organisations are desperately hiring people for the following roles: Gardener, cleaner, administration, management, canteen, education assistants and many other roles.
Starting in January 2023, North Metropolitan TAFE are running a one-semester course on the skills required to be a successful candidate for employment in a school or elsewhere. The course gives you an employment advantage that you can’t achieve elsewhere. If you have tried and failed, we will get you to where you want to go.
We have had huge success supporting people to find work, and the chances of gaining employment are strong. This course is suitable for people new to the workforce, people looking to change career or looking for a return to work.
The course includes:
• Training in skills specific to the role you are interested in eg IT skills, Office 365
• Work experience in a school or other organisation
• Help and support to find work
• Help accessing further training as required e.g. Certificate III in Education Support
• Development of your job application cover letter, resume and help with selection criteria
• Aged 18+
• Strong work ethic
• Good oral and written communication
• Must be able to read procedures, safety sheets and chemical bottles etc.
• Must be able to send and receive emails
• Successful completion of an entry interview
• Working With Children Check and a Department of Education Clearance
- Starts week one of term one and runs for up to 20 weeks
- Many students finish the course early because they find work
- Three days per week, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday during school hours
- Cost – Approximately $170 (subject to change) total course fee for full 20 weeks
- Location – North Metro TAFE Leederville and on work experience
- Qualification – GATE (Gaining Access to Training and Employment) Certificate I
To apply for this course, use the following website and select “GATE I Leederville”:
To ask questions please contact:
Disclaimer: North Metropolitan TAFE does not guarantee work after completing this course. This course supports you to find work. The course is run by North Metropolitan TAFE (RTO code: 52786) and is not endorsed by any authority or government department other than North Metropolitan TAFE.